Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sounding Off with a Hurt Heart~~Open Heart and Open Door to be Damned Later

What is a person to do when children are born to women that are not able to follow through with the raising process as there are more important aspects of their lives then raising the little ones that they have brought hopelessly and defensively into this cruel world. A person opens their door and heart to give the little ones some sort of security when no one else cares enough. My Mother was one Hell of a Person as she was able to take in the child that was in this position and completely raise her as one of her own children. This gave her 9 children to work with and raise and we were always to believe that this other child was part of the family regardless of how she was acquired. It NEVER mattered or was made an issue because she was not the natural birth mother. She was the mother figure that this little child looked up to and respected. This was also the case even though their were two fathers, the birth father and the father that was part of the raising. But this never made one any less of a parent when they wanted to be. One was in and out of the life at his convenience and the other stood by the side until circumstances did not allow this any longer. Well, now the shoe is on the other foot and for some reason the rules of the game are being reestablished and I am not clear as to why this should be allowed at this stage of the game. When children are reared in a loving and secure environment for many years why should it be ok for someone that is basically a stranger to just come into their lives and say I want to be a Mommy now (something that they have heard many times over the years (from her) and have been hurt and let down each and every time) and they are to just be turned over to her and the man that has already made it very clear that he does not want them in his life and a part of his world. When I was the only one that wanted them and was willing to change my lifestyle for the sake of the children it was ok but now that there might be a change of heart I should just have to put my feelings aside and say sure just take them and what ever shall be shall be. With the history of abuse with the Mother and the boyfriend (possibly husband even though she assured the girls she didn't marry him) why should the girls be subjected to this? Help me to understand!! Follow back into the years with our own father and the relationships that he was involved in. There was no mothers' child from another man that was safe. Not to mention that this guy has even made it clear that he would personally kill both of the girls and me too. So what kind of a person does that make me to just let the little ones go into this environment. Life style changes when a child is involved includes eliminating all danger to the children. This has not been the case. There is also the issue of legally being able to financially support the little ones that are brought into this world (dealing in weed, is not secure and/or legal). I have done this for all the years without help from anyone except for the health care. This is not the case I know for a fact from the other sources. They were wanted children when others thought there was money to be had from the death of their father. Who by the way again choose the man over being with the children to support them in the loss of their father. When it was proven that this was not the case issues were dropped and that was the last time any mention was made of "taking them" from me. I love and care for the children because I want to and I can and the payment that I am satisfied with is the "I Love You's" and the "Thank You's" that come with every day life. There is no room for the selfish side of life in raising children. For any that think I am so wrong for loving and caring for the little ones sorry about that but when I signed up for the job I didn't sign to quit when someone else decided they wanted to step in.

No comments: