Saturday, October 25, 2008

Visit After A Year An A Half

The girls especially Kalee was quite upset that I had allowed Kimberly to show up at their soccer games. Originally Kalee cried for quite some time and refused to get out of the van. After talking with her and Demitrius assurring her that things would be ok cuz he wouldn't let anyone bother her, she finally got out of the van and strolled around with me. We went over and started watching Britenee's game and Kimberly was sitting at the other end of the field and Kalee was ok with that. As you can see after she came over where we were sitting Kalee got up and walked away and then Kimberly went over and talked with her for a while. However, Demitrius and Gracie didn't leave her out of their site. Look Kalee is taller then Kimberly at this point. Kimberly kept moving over to the hill so she could stand on it and be taller until Kalee figured it out! They had a brief discussion and then came over and sat on the blanket together while Britenee finished her game. By the end of the game they were both ok with the visit and I think in the long run the only thing that was left to be said is "I hope you keep up the good work so we can visit again" "But we don't want the visit if you aren't on the up and up". The girls did for the most part express that originally they were quite upset with me for doing it but in the long run they were glad that I did and that they just didn't want to be hurt again. I understand that they did have many questions for her and they indicated that they hoped she was telling the truth because they always find out in the long run. Kalee had to be told a couple of times to put the attitude away because she was very defensive and looking for fault and was causing stress that wasn't necessary. I took them to McDonald's and Kimberly paid for a snack after the games and they all seemed to have a good visit. Time will tell. I hope that Kimberly realizes that I still don't trust her and not looking to be a friend anytime soon. I was just opening the doors for her to try and do something with the girls. I do not plan on making her part of my plans or going out and parting with her anytime soon. I will try to make it possible for her to be part of a reasonable share of the things that the girls do but I will not go out of my way to get hurt later. Straight up the first time she tries to make him a part of anything that we do there will be absolutely no more effort on my part. Or the first time that I get word of him abusing her and her making the girls aware of it I am finished. Unfortunately, I have been there done that one to many times and I don't feel that I can go through it again. Then there is the stress that the girls will be going through and struggling through their own feelings and as it has always been in the past, it will end up being their school work that will pay the price of the confusion that has been brought back into their lives. Go God only knows that I hope that this time everyone thinks of the girls before they think of themselves.

No comments: